Tuesday, February 9, 2010

For Love’s Sake

For Love’s Sake

Let’s hold hands at the Wikki Warm Spring
Let’s hold lingering tears too while sipping boldness
Let Joy flow boundlessly as we salute sleek images of you and me
While elephants and cheetahs dance in this waterfall of love
Let’s dance like a mirage to traveler
Let’s hold faith and tell Love we are her victims
Let’s have our tomorrow today and smile endlessly
Let’s jail failed trust but make hollow our loving hearts
Let’s echo loving in unison.

My priceless ornament of a thick black skin
Your sweet smelling wine of Southern African origin
Has spilled love on this dance floor for you
Take my faith for your shield
And my love for your life
Together, endless jingles we shall render!

For a black and white tomorrow, love me
At this camp site of returning moon moaning, kiss me
As singing sparrows chirp, take this tip – a love pill – hug me
Pick some earth; whisper to it some words of the living
Pluck me hibiscus and roses and
Let my dream grow so wild in your arms thou son of the Arogundade

No comments:

Post a Comment