Thursday, July 16, 2009

IF I DIED LOVING YOU


Would you stop and carry home
My remains?
Would they be taken to my land?
The ground, and the casket,
Would it be homemade?
My life and legacies
Would you make them known?
Amongst couples and children
Amongst women and men
Parents and guardians?

If I died loving you,
Let my name be sane and blissful
Let my soul be laid in the tomb with sprites
Make my heart at rest with the earth
Shave my sorrow as a journey
That has found rest in a youngster
A maid that has seen a beautiful life

If I died loving you
Poor and wretched, make my body clean
Borrow water for my bathe
Ask friends to clothe me
Console siblings to mourn with ease
Tell my neighbors to never forget
That I love them despite my wrongs

If I died a single man
A single day should be for silence
No mingled man should touch my body
Only my sister
My very own sister, you

If I leave mother behind
Make her know I care
Tell her I have to leave
For the love I have for you, my Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment