Monday, July 13, 2009

MOCKINGBIRD


They said this Earth
Has in it, curative powers
That our pains from world-before
Would have rest
And our tears would tear out
So lights, we would see
But blind, I am.

I am the bird,
I sing our pains
I bear our burdens
Crop our crushed bones
Play them to be heard,

I wave my hands to find a stand
To speak to them,
To teach in time
That earth has in it, Wrongs
For her faithful dwellers

They said all sinners, are we
Fallen short of His glory:
Calling down forgiveness
With our blood(s)

Be blotted out
And be taken aback, this life

I am your mockingbird
Sitting in this cage of flames
Eating my flesh for relish
I’ll perish, I presume
Earth, my mother
What I was told isn’t what I’ve seen
What I’ve seen saw me first.

Should I live or live-out
Should I bleat or speak-out
In love, I leave you…as a mother
To her mockingbird

No comments:

Post a Comment